Applications received are reviewed, vetted and potential applicants are selected by a volunteer committee.
The criteria for selection takes into account the goals and ideals of the CCAWR which are to:
- Recognize outstanding achievements and efforts in community involvement, academics, culture, sports, and arts);
- Foster high professional standards;
- Recognize the development of exemplary leadership qualities; and
- Encourage active participation of the scholarship recipients and their families in CCAWR events.
A Scholarship may be granted to an individual who may not have exceptional academic achievements but has demonstrated outstanding proficiency in some other field, including, the Arts or Industrial disciplines.
April 1st – July 15th
Acceptance of Applications
Application Deadline for Students
Review and Decision of Scholarship Committee
Award Recipients Notified
Awards Ceremony & Presentation
Scholarship Cheques Mailed to Institutions
Scholarship Award payments will be made directly to the educational institution the student will be attending. They are usually made to the educational institution at the end of September or early October of the year of award.
For students that have received awards but choose to defer their acceptance for 1 year arrangements can be made to defer the award payment for 1 year only.
The applications and all accompanying documentation should be submitted online. The link to the online application is below.
Please ensure the following:
- That the Application is submitted by the due date to be eligible for that year.
- That all sections of the Application are completed, your name is spelled correctly, and the information is legible.
- That your references, transcript, and photographs are included with the Application.
Please note that by completing the Application form you are providing us with your consent to publish your photograph and information to the public.
- A completed Application form must be submitted by the deadline of July 15th, with a high-resolution (minimum passport size) photograph of the applicant.
- High School transcripts may be forwarded to the committee by July 15th, if the completed application form has already been submitted.
- The names and contact information of two (2) references as outlined in the Application form. One may be a teacher from your school, college, or university. The other must be from an individual (other than your teacher or family member) who is familiar with you and can attest to your community service.
- Proof of acceptance or confirmation of enrollment from the institution you plan to attend.
- Up to date official transcript from the institution you are currently attending, or last attended.
- A one-page essay explaining why the scholarship should be awarded to you.